Thursday, March 30, 2006

Living Inbetween

Beth and I are living an in-between life. On Friday she interviewed for a new job, but she won't hear anything until next week. Tomorrow we go for our first interview at NUMC for the youth min position, but that's far from completion. In the midst of these two, we're starting to look at new places to live, but we can't make any decisions until we know what jobs we have and how much they pay. I'm supposed to schedule my fall classes tomorrow, but I can't really nail down a schedule until I know where I'm working. We're living in-between, knowing that we're leaving where we are (probably), but not quite sure when or where we're going. Needless to say, this life is fairly stressful and adds a fair amount of anxiety to our lives. Beth and I are working very hard to hold these two positions with open hands, but it's hard, very, very hard. In the midst of all of this, I'm blown away by the faith of Abraham. I can't imagine how he might feel as he headed toward the place that he didn't know where he was going or when he was going to get there. I can't imagine the kind of faith that it takes to stand in the midst of not knowing where one is going or when you might get there. I'm in awe of faith that takes us to places that we don't know. I'm learning that faith...far, far away, but learning. I'm learning that patience is not as much fun as one might think. I'm learning that faith is more than what gets you through the tough times...faith gets us through the blurry, unknown times. I'm hoping that I can have faith like Abraham...and I'm hoping that I might know where I'm headed soon, too.

No comments: