Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Conference Thoughts...

Tomorrow morning I fly out from Louisville to Pittsburgh for Annual Conference. I'm excited and a little bit anxious, oddly enough. I think that my anxiety rises from the 10 hour trip that I have to make on Sunday by myself in the car.

Although I've read some of the laity statements, I still haven't made my mind up on who I'm voting for. Clergy wise, I'd know, but I'm not there yet...I'll just have to subtly nudge my Dad to think the same way that I do...

I'm totally against RS 901...Christian Education Sunday. I mean, seriously...do we really need Christian Education?

Ok...I'm not against it...I always find those resolutions comical because they always pass...sometimes I want to vote against them, just for fun...I normally vote against setting the bar!

Prayers are welcomed on Thursday night as I lead a possibly contentious Section 7. We're the General Conference section, so this will require all of the Parliamentary procedure that I can muster!

I'm excited to see some old friends, especially my good friend Erik Hoeke. We commiserate about seminary, dream big dreams and enjoy Conference throughly. Normally Erik and I get together in the Spring, but that didn't work out this year, so Conference will be a good time for us to connect. I'm excited to meet some of the Youth delegates, see friends from previous appointments, and say hey to the blogging crew. The only downside about conference this year is the the Pirates are in the Big Apple...Not that I'd skip out or anything...

See you soon!

1 comment:

smkyqtzxtl said...

I was sitting in the contentious section 7. You did an excelent job keeping us on track, focused as to Parlimentary procedure and what our true purpose was. I was impressed.