Thursday, June 28, 2007

Someone who...

A student who used to attend our group wrote this on her online profile the other day...She's broken and hurting and her whole life is in pieces. She's left the church, no longer attends Youth Group, and this is who she wants to meet...

"someone to push me to my limits. someone that will test my abilities. someone that has lived the same life i have. someone who had died for love. someone who has conquered all of their dreams. someone who isnt afraid to be themselves. someone who has pushed beyond all boundaries. someone who has beat a disease. someone who has saved anothers life. someone who would accept me and my flaws. someone who will make me their world, and i can do the same."

I know that someone...I know that someone to be Jesus Christ. Please pray for her, as she is in desperate need of a life-changing encounter that only the scandalous grace of Jesus can provide...Pray for Beth and I that we might get an opportunity to model this to her...

Christ have mercy...

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

As I was reading her list about who she wants to meet, it was the perfect description of Jesus. I pray that she will come to realize the He is the only one that fits completely. My prayers are with her.

Brenda said...

I too while reading her list of wants and needs in someone was thinking that is Jesus, she needs Jesus to become real to her. Will be praying with you for her and the two of you.

Renaye said...

That is one Awesome opportunity, and it will be an Awesome day when she meets Him. Praying for just that.

God Bless!

Randy Roda said...

In prayer...

Greg Cox said...

Remember that for a sermon nugget! Awesome illustration. Thanks for the reminder.

Jeff Kahl said...

Thanks for sharing that, and I will be praying. The upside of that is, at least she is recognizing her need for a "someone" that only Jesus Christ can be for her. How many people in our world think that they can fill that void with so many of the superficial trappings in our culture?