Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Life Goals


I achieved one of my life goals yesterday...


Beth and I and a couple of our friends took a trip to Cincinnati to see the Pirates/Reds game @ Great American Ballpark. I had never been to GAB, so this was one step closer to my goal of seeing a ballgame in every big league ballpark. While the Pirates lost 4-0 we had a great time. I believe that I was the only Pirate fan in attendance (I referenced something about "Pirate Nation" and Beth told me that only encompassed myself and Erik Hoeke!), and one of the guys sitting below us even stated "I think that you're the only Pirate fan in the whole country!" Ouch. Anyway, back to my life goal...


I MADE THE JUMBO TRON! For a good 30 seconds, the huge video scoreboard showed ME dancing! I am a professional ballpark dancer, and it's my goal to try and use my mad dancing moves to get on screen every time I attend a game. I've accomplished this before many times at Minor League games (Altoona, Lexington, Harrisburg, Lancaster), but I had never managed this feat before at a Big League park. Yesterday, while dancing during the 6th inning, I finally made it. I didn't think that it would happen, especially as I was all outfitted in Pirates garb and we were in Cincy, but it did. The whole section cheered, and afterwards, I took a bow. Good stuff.


By the way (and this is how I KNOW I married the right woman) Beth wasn't even embarassed. She said that she's gotten used to it by now, and she supports me in my life goals. She was also the one who wanted to go the ballgame and suggested it! Awesome!

2 comments:

Randy Roda said...

Shake it, brother. I was once at a Cincinnati vs. Steelers game in Cinci. The Steeler fans were just as numerous as Bengals fans. However, this did not stop some drunken lout from trying to pick a fight with me and beat me up. I think I'll stay away from Cinci for now. Glad you had fun!

Keith H. McIlwain said...

Wish the Pirates were giving us more reason to cheer.

See you next week in Grove City!