Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shuffle Up and...

The Top 5 songs on my iTunes shuffle...

The First Time-U2
Great Indoors-John Mayer
Beauty and the Mess-Nickel Creek
Lonely Nation-Switchfoot
All Blues-Miles Davis

These are very different than the top 5 most played...

Still Fighting It-Ben Folds
Let My Words Be Few-Matt Redman
Annie Waits-Ben Folds
Zac and Sara-Ben Folds
Gone-Ben Folds

Obviously, I've been in a Ben Folds mood lately...Just can't beat a piano rocker...The Billy Joel of my generation.

I'm posting this because I know you all care so much. If blogging does nothing else for me, it brings to light all of my ego issues...

4 comments:

Eric Park said...

At the risk of sounding like an old man pathetically clinging to a youth that is no more...

I'm in a Ben Folds kind of mood these days as well.

In fact, the "Rockin' the Suburbs" CD has been playing regularly in my car over the last couple of months.

"The Luckiest" is probably one of my favorite contemporary love songs (Tara's too).

I also like the songs "Fred Jones Part 2" and "Still Fighting It," both of which capture a portion of the melancholy that is sometimes very close to the heart of our culture.

I like this Folds dude.

And I'm a big Billy Joel fan too.

Long live the piano rockers!

As Ben Folds puts it, "everyone knows it hurts to grow up."

"

Randy Roda said...

I love U2. I don't think any band has had more of a world wide impact in along time. Their social responsibility and contributions have shown many what music can do.

Blogging is great for the ego. It's the only form of communication where no one can tell me to shut up. I love it! I'll have to check out Ben Folds.

Matt said...

I'm not gonna lie to you...the song "Rockin' the Suburbs" is one of my favorites...It cracks me up every time I listen to it! "You'll never know what it's like, being male, middle-class and white..."...it just makes me laugh...

During the summers that Beth and I were dating "The Luckiest" was one of the songs on the Mix CD that I made her and she made me...It helped us feel close when we were miles apart.


At some point in my life, I'm hoping to use the song "You Were Not the Same" in one of my sermons.

Eric...As Ben Folds would say "You're still fighting it".

Keith H. McIlwain said...

U2 are the most important artist since the Beatles. More Beatles and U2! (And Monkees, but that's another story...)