Wednesday, April 23, 2008

And it begins...

And it begins...
I arrived in Ft. Worth yesterday night and after working out some hotel kinks, I settled in. This morning we had a Delegation Heads meeting, and now I'm set for the rest of the day.

The hustle and bustle of the Convention Center is pretty astounding, considering that things don't really kick off for another 8 hours. Caucus Groups are already handing out their propaganda and conversations are already happening concerning Legislative Committee chairs. This time around, I feel more aware of people who present themselves in one way without really demonstrating their full ideas until later. I keep reminding myself that God moves in messy places, and although the Conference hasn't even kicked off yet, I think that it could be a messy place, full of politics.

I'm off to take a nap...Last night was a short night, and it promises to be one of the longer nights of the week.

Keep praying, friends.
MGJ

No comments: