Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Things didn't pick, at least substantially but we were able to get our work for the day fully accomplished so that was nice. All legislation that had financial implications have been cared for so thats a step in the right direction. I found out today that more of my legislation has been pulled from the Consent Calendar so I have more to present. I'm not going to complain...I like doing stuff like this.

Judicial Council elections did not go as planned yesterday. No one that I had supported was elected so that was disheartening. It makes me nervous about the legislation that probably will come to the floor today concerning human sexuality. There was a substantial change to the wording of the homosexuality stuff that doesn't say we affirm but it changes the language in a way that makes me uncomfortable. My hunch is that the pro homosexual lobby will stage a protest on the floor today and that's never fun. We'll see if it happens. Please pray for us today as we make decisions and strive together to be united.

I'm excited that we get to hear from the President of Liberia who is a UM. Security tightens substantially, but it should be interesting.

Pray for continued guidance and strength. Sleep has been limited and my body is tired. This conference us a marathon ran at a sprinters pace.

Matt

No comments: