Monday, April 28, 2008

Today has been a good day. We've been in main plenary all day, slowly slogging through the mountain of legislation. We're currently dealing with an amended petition as well as a minority report on the global relationship of the church. It's slow going and I'm not sure that we'll ever get through this at this rate. Slow times but good time.

A guy just stood up and introduced himself as Chapel Temple from the Texas Conference and then said "Yes that is my real name." Funny stuff.

The highlight of the day has to be hearing from the East Africa Childrens Choir. This was a group of "orphaned and vulnerable children" and I think that describes them pretty well. Seeing these children who had no hope sing triumphant praise to Jesus. These children truly understood the power of hope. The kids sang and danced and found hope in Christ because of the UMC. That's why we do what we do...offer to all people new hope through Jesus Christ.

I need to pay attention because I'm sure things will pick up. At least I hope so.

No comments: