Saturday, April 26, 2008

Town and Country Ministries

Today we are celebrating the ministries of millions of people and thousands of churches that are located in small and rural areas. We have heard a call to continued support of small churches ministries, as they bring hope and healing to places that often are deeply affected by poverty. As I think about small churches I can't help but think about the small churches that have mentored and grown me. I think about places like Red Bird Mission that has a vibrant minstry among some of the nation's poorest people. I think about my parents who have grown vibrant ministries in small places. They have remained in small places and have left behind the kind of prestige that many seek in order to stay faithful to God's call. This morning we celebrate ministry that happens all over the in places like Hyndman, Palo Alto, Buffalo Mills and Townville. Thanks be to God.

No comments: